I started thinking and I had no friends and was a forgotten about senior. Now I don’t want to make this a sad look at me boo hoo story I just wanted to tell you I was feeling pretty darn worthless by this time.
When the day of graduation came I was very nervous. I got no sleep no thanks to a very intense Suns game that made my nervous system freak out and the anticipation of graduation. I woke up extra early so that I could be totally ready in time to curl my friends’ hair. As we were getting ready it seemed like a normal day nothing really special. When I got there I sat with a few friends made a couple jokes but nothing special happened. I was pretty bummed I had to process in by myself but it ended up a good thing. I got to sing in the choir, which was good because I got recognized for being in choir and it was a really good feeling singing with my old choir one last time. As I listened to the speeches I was sucked into the whole graduation experience. I hung on every word the speakers said and I laughed at every joke. The speakers motivated me and it was good to see my friends share such touching and heartfelt things. I always enjoyed listening to the graduation speeches so it was really cool to hear speeches from the people I knew!
My cheering section!
The most memorable part of graduation for me was the hug I got from a former teacher and good friend Mr. Louchart. As I walked down the stairs on the other side trying not only to stay on my feet but to dodge the person trying to steal pictures of me (who I still don’t know why he was there or who he is…I’m thinking he was from N.A.U. and was taking pictures because of the scholarship I got) I was greeted by a couple familiar people shaking my hand and then in a awkward little kid way scooped up in a hug. He told me how proud he was of me and the typical “way to go!” but what got me was that he of all people was proud of me! My dad isn’t much one to tell you he thinks you did a good job or that he’s proud of you and so this meant a lot to me. That a teacher who had the opportunity to teach hundreds or more students was proud of me. Me the plain Jane nothing special average student made someone proud. What an awesome way to end graduation!
After graduation was the party which was more of an open house thing for family and family friends only a couple of my friends showed up so it was mainly adults but it was tons of fun laughing and joking around with people. Saying thank you was probably the most repeated phrase of the night but I really meant it. Thank you so much to everyone that helped me get to graduation and was there to celebrate with me!
One of the gifts I got was to go to game 6 of the western conference finals for the NBA. I got to see game 6 of the Lakers vs. Suns. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! I had so much fun cheering and being with wonderful people. We left early and drove down to Phoenix to start off the day. Chipotle, my favorite, was for lunch then we just cruised the malls. I of course had to shop a little but again no surprise I bought nothing. I think I was embarrassed to be a girl and be all girly!
We showed up to the arena two or three hours early and tried finding refuge from the heat by walking around finding shade. Once we were in the arena time flew and we were on our feet cheering as loud as we could for our team (the suns of course). Before I knew it the game was over and we were making our way through the crowds trying to get out. Unfortunately they lost but its okay with me I had the best time just being able to cheer and watch the game! We stopped at In-and-Out for dinner which was amazing and then we made our way back to Flag.
What a wonderful end to my high school career. Look out world because here I come!!
mChristine


No comments:
Post a Comment