D: Are you okay?
Me: Yes why?
D: You seem sick or tired or…
Me: What? What are you trying to imply?
D: Nothing you just don’t seem like your self maybe it’s just that you’re maturing.
Now this wasn’t some big life changing conversation it happened across the table at a lunch but after I got over being in shock of what I thought she was trying to imply (which was that I was prego) I got to thinking. Maybe I have matured.
It would make sense I graduated high school early and have already gone to a semester of college and I work in a college union. Everyone I’ve always hung out with is older than me and they still are. I don’t know why I feel like it’s a shock that people think I’m maturing.
It must be because most people don’t see the times when I am childish. Like when I run around my house with underwear on my head and outside my clothing. Or that I still eat out of kid dishes. I didn’t feel like I had gotten more mature but as I thought about it I have. I am learning a lot in life and learning a million new things about myself. I spend days just thinking about my life and where it is going…most days get me in trouble because I fail to do much else but its good to just take time and think about it. What has really helped it sink in is that I want things that are put together.
Recently I have really wanted to paint the bathroom, that has recently been named my own, red and get clean towels that match and look put together. I want more rich and sophisticated colors in my areas and I enjoy the simple steel look. I have wanted my room clean the last couple of years and now I really want it to be clean organized and put together.
My room before I cleaned it (pretty much about how it looked all of my younger years :) organized chaos!)
My room clean (it doesn't really look like this anymore color wise wise or clean wise but its close and its how i like it)
I think I am maturing in many other ways also. I want real conversations not just small talk. I want to discuss things that matter. Also I can see it in my relationship with my mom. Before we never really talked and now she’s my rock. I have learned to show her I appreciate her through my own experiences of unappreciated work. Some times I feel like I could never thank her enough.
P.S. I have big plans in the baking department for graduation so keep your eyes out for some yummy treats! I know I can’t wait!
mChristine


WOW! That's you're floor! Ha ha I never knew it was that color!
ReplyDelete