I find that Family has an impeccable way of knowing how and when to push your buttons. They know just the right thing to do at just the right time. The Holiday’s are a time for family and don’t get me wrong I love my family more than I am willing to let them even know but I found it funny to watch and see all the habits my family has that seem to drive me absolutely up the wall.
This Christmas was by far the best that I can remember in the family department though. My immediate family’s Christmas was mellow and not too eventful, Sort of the normal. We got the coolest guns that shoot mini marshmallow and I am pretty sure that it is the last gift I will ever need in the protection department. Who needs men when you have a marshmallow gun! Other than that everything worked out and everyone had a good time. When it was time to go down to my grandma’s for presents I knew the fun was about to start. This year my entire family was here. Granted they were not all here at the same time and there were four people missing but it was still great.
I was sort of upset with my cousin though. (WARNING: Following contents may include “Blog Venting”)
My mom and I worked together to Photoshop my cousin into the family picture we had taken earlier this year and we worked really hard on it. My mom wrapped and gave everyone in the family a picture for Christmas. Well my cousin was not going to have it. She threw a huge fit and removed herself from the family activities. Later my mom my aunt and her all talked and she informed my mom that she didn’t want to be in the picture at all. I felt horrible for my mom because this picture was a gift to the entire family and she had to go around and ask everyone for the picture back all while trying to protect my cousin from appearing as a brat. Once this was done she un wrapped the still wrapped gifts to remove the pictures. I was embarrassed by my cousins actions and I wished that she hadn’t done what she did. I wanted so badly to tell her my opinion but I kept it to myself. I just don’t understand how some people are so selfish and self absorbed that they don’t realize the effects their actions have on other people.
Anyways apart from all the fun and craziness and the little “problem” the Holiday’s were an “aha” moment for me. There were a couple things I was aware my family (immediate and extended) did that pushed my buttons but this year I feel like they really just let me have it.
I have a problem with eating. I am very sensitive to the sounds associated with eating and they drive me absolutely insane. Well I came to discover that almost everyone in my family did one thing or the other that just knotted my insides up.
The reason I write this is because I find it interesting that family has this was of doing this to you. The other night while I was making cupcakes my mom and dad came in and were pushing my buttons in the kitchen. I have a hard time with crunchy food sounds, and when people like slurp their spit while licking off their teeth. It’s a bit hard to describe the sounds and I am sure most people don’t even notice them but…I do so I’m going to complain. So as I was obviously in the middle of a project that took a maximum of 30 mins of must be in the kitchen working time my mom and dad decide to come and start munching on all our left over holiday treats in particular trail mix and nut roca. Both extremely crunch and require a bit of a teeth cleaning after. They are chowing down while I am stuck in the middle of my project in the kitchen. I couldn’t escape and abandon my project and they wouldn’t leave. After a little while and a few attempts at asking them to stop my dad had already left and my mom decided that she needed to make dinner. So now I have to share the kitchen with my mom while she sucks on her teeth loudly.
Don’t get me wrong I do love my family I just don’t understand their timing sometimes. Why is it that when I am up in my room doing nothing or watching tv no one needs in the kitchen but once I start a project everyone wants to snack or be in the kitchen doing their own project?
Again it is just Families God given way of helping us practice patience I have learned so much patience from my family and I know that nights like this are only helping me I just wish I didn’t need so much help some times!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment