Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I've GOT that lovin' feeling


So as I was reading my friends blogs yesterday I was feeling sort of down. You see they are both newlyweds and as expected madly in love with their spouses. They both have really cute pictures of them and their spouses and well I was feeling like I had lost that loving feeling (like the song).

Boy was I wrong…

I was relating love to cute pictures, which honestly is just silly. Pictures capture moments yeah I know but they can’t capture emotions and its easy to look crazy beautiful and crazy in love in a picture and be lacking in real life. Also these pictures were taken professionally either for engagements or at their wedding of course they are going to look in love!!

I think a big thing with my feelings towards other peoples pictures lately are because I want pictures of myself and of “us” that make me feel beautiful and that are just stunning. I want professional pictures taken. It may sound vain or selfish but I do and I think that its been something I’ve been missing. Senior year is the year you get those pictures and from experience everyone is like crazy beautiful and feels that way because of theirs. Well mine were not that way. I felt FAT and UGLY in mine and there was just nothing special about them. They were not creative or artistic at all they were just cookie cutter pictures and I was not very happy with them. I chose the one I disliked least for the yearbook but there just weren’t any I was crazy in love with. I would even go as far to say that my newfound desire for photography and a new (much more expensive) camera have to do with this same thing. I just want good pictures!!! Is that too much to ask?!

Anyways, once I realized that it was the pictures I wanted I was able to re-evaluate “us” and losing the loving feeling was the farthest from the truth. Fun outings and long meaningful conversations are what it’s been about and although I know truthfully it wont last forever I am soaking it up while it does. Love is in the air and I can’t wait to see where the wind is blowing it!

I am getting warm fuzzies and butterflies just thinking about it!

mChristine

No comments:

Post a Comment