As the reunion wrapped up with our traditional auction, which I only spent $4.50 at and
it was on these awesome mints and a T-Shirt that wasn’t even for me. I was proud! So as people slowly started to leave we all said our good-byes and before we knew it there were only about 15 out of the 45 people there that day. That’s when they broke out the fried fish. To me always being one of the last people to leave and first to come we get this fish no matter what every year. It’s just fried fish but it is the best-fried fish I have ever eaten and I look forward to it every year. We polished off two trays of it and were of course not let down. Once we felt like we had eaten four or five weeks worth of junk food (in just one sitting) we decided we needed a break.
By this time the group of cousins that we hung out with were gone and there were only two left. My cousin Amy and I were hanging out away from the group having some really good conversations. I love talking to her. We live like 45 miles away and never see each other, which is just pathetic since we get along SO well!! Anyways… we hung out and talked for at least an hour probably more like two hours when my other cousin Jared came and joined in on our conversation. I say that loosely because really when he came he changed the whole conversation and we started talking about dreams. Not like goals or any of that like literally dreams (the ones you have at night). Living so far away I have never really gotten close to this cousin so it was really fun getting to talk to him and get to know him.
I never thought I would say this but…
The time to leave came way too soon. I was bummed to leave this time, surprisingly since there was only two cousins there and things were, well, really dead. I am so glad I came to this reunion. I am no longer in that awkward place where I just hang out with the adults and its great!! I met a new cousin, saw the old ones, and just had a blast!
Oh! And I didn’t tell you… We saw a turtle, which was exciting as is, but this turtle was VERY special.
SHE was ready to lay her eggs and did so in our campsite. What a sight! I wanted to just give her a huge hug for being so brave and doing such an amazing thing and allowing us to surround her and watch! A true miracle!
They always say you can’t choose your family so pick your friends wisely, well I wouldn’t choose any different family than my own. I LOVE THEM!!!
mChristine

I'm so glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete