I refuse not to believe in fairytales.
Call me stubborn or ignorant but I wont do it. I am not by any means living a fairytale nor have I lived a fairytale so I cannot promise or prove anything but I refuse to believe that I will not someday live my very own fairytale.
I have never been one to dream about my wedding or as a little girl I never got pretend married. I was a rebel from as far back as I can really remember I have always wanted to be a tomboy. I didn’t want to be the typical girl who played with dolls and played dress up. Yes I had my moments where I did but most of my time was spent playing with my older brother.
With that being said it took me a little while to start to really dream about and want my own fairytale. Unfortunately now everyone I talk to about it discourages the idea of believing that I may one day live a fairytale. Don’t get me wrong they are some of my best friends and are in no way trying to discourage my happiness in the future if anything they are trying to help me keep realistic expectations. I understand and respect their efforts but I refuse to accept that my own fairytale can’t happen. I know that I have to maintain realistic expectations and I also know that is something I have a VERY hard time doing but I feel like in every girls life eventually (in many respects [I believe mine might be marriage]) they live their fairytale. It could be like the movies but in many cases its not [that is simply not right for many women]. I don’t think that living your fairytale has to be this big prince charming affair. To me living my own fairytale is simply living with the one who was truly made for me.
Like I said earlier I believe that my fairytale may be in the form of marriage I am willing to accept if it is not also. But my idea right now in my life of a fairytale would simply to be living with the one who completes me. Someone whose strengths balance my weaknesses and whose weaknesses are complimented by my strengths. I know that everything will not always be rainbows and sunshine but that is what makes it real, also I don’t want everything to be rainbows and sunshine. I want life, in all its imperfections shared with someone who loves and respects me the way I was made to be loved and respected.
Every fairytale is different. No fairytale will be the same ever but I truly believe that every woman and man at that deserves a fairytale and I will not give up until I find mine. Call me whatever you want but I think true love in every form is a fairytale.





No comments:
Post a Comment